Well, we claim that we're believers, so we should probably tell you a little about what we believe. Let us break it down for you piece by piece. We'll also tell you where we found our beliefs in the Bible. If you have any questions about any of this, go to the talk to us page and let us know. (And by the way, this might get a big long, so grab a bag of chips to munch while you're reading).
1. We believe in God, but it's actually a bit more than that. We believe that God is perfect, eternal, and self-sufficient. The Bible tells us that there aren't any other gods around now, there never have been, and there never will be (Isaiah 40-45). We also believe in what is called the "tri-unity." That just means that we believe that God is one God, but He co-exists as three different persons (Deuteronomy 6:4, II Corinthians 13:14). You may say, "Wow, I can't believe in that; it doesn't make sense." And if you did, then you'd be right—God isn't supposed to make sense to us as humans. If he did, then what good would He be as God?
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is 100% God. He became 100% man while He was still fully God when He was born to Mary, who was a virgin at the time. (Now, there's a miracle, huh?) Jesus never sinned, and because of that, He was the only one qualified to take the punishment for the sins of man. In fact, that's why He came—to provide the perfect sacrifice and to pay for the sins of the entire world in full. People didn't like Jesus much while He was alive, so they grabbed Him, accused Him falsely, and hung Him up on a Roman torture device. He died, but three days later, He came back to life. By doing that, He totally destroyed the power of death, so we can know that one day, we too will escape death. Right now, Jesus is in heaven at the right hand of God the Father where He acts as our representative.
3. We believe that the Holy Spirit is 100% God. His job is to convict the world of what is right and what is wrong. He also regenerates and immerses believers into the body of Christ (the church). He then seals, or keeps them safe, until the day when all believers will be judged. The Holy Spirit has been given to believers as a teacher to guide them in knowing what is the truth.
4. We believe that the Bible is God's gift to man. He spoke every word of the original manuscripts to the men who would write it down, and because of that it is without error. The Bible, God's entire revelation, consists of 66 books in two sections (the Old Testament and the New Testament). It is our final authority, and it is unable to be changed, modified, added to, or taken away from in any way. We believe that when you read the Bible, it has to be interpreted literally and consistently throughout the whole thing.
5. We believe that humanity was created in the image of God to be sinless and to glorify God. When Adam sinned in Genesis, the entire human race became sinful because of it and became separated from God. Now, every human being is sinful to the core and can do absolutely nothing to save himself.
John 10:9"I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture." (ESV)
WORDS OF WISDOM"Faith cannot be inherited or gained by being baptized into a Church. Faith is a matter between the individual and God."
- Martin Luther